Brazil recorded 173 deaths from dengue fever in 2023, nearly two deaths per day, according to the latest epidemiological bulletin from the Ministry of Health.
Data updated on Wednesday (5) indicates that 4,231 municipalities have reported cases of dengue fever (75%), which means that only 1,339 Brazilian municipalities have not registered patients with the virus. Aedes aegypti.
The epidemiological bulletin also indicates:
- In addition to the 173 dengue deaths already confirmed in the year, another 234 are under investigation, according to the 2023 13th Epidemiological Week Bulletin;
- The figure corresponds to a 41% increase relative to the number of cases in the same period last year.
- In March there was a peak, when probable cases jumped from 327,938 on the 17th to 373,380 on the 20th. This represents an increase of 45,442 cases in just three days.
- There are currently 584,113 possible cases of the disease under investigation.
Historical record in 2022
general 2022 was the deadliest year for dengue in Brazilcumulative total 1016 deaths. This is more than the last six years.
The peak of cases occurred in epidemic week 17, in early May. Compared to 2021, the increases in arboviruses were 162.5% in dengue cases, 78.9% in chikungunya records and 42.0% in Zika cases.
Below, see in descending order the regions and municipalities that recorded the most cases of the disease in the country in 2022.
- Sao Paulo was the state of the region southeast With the highest record for dengue
The southeastern region recorded 33.1% of the dengue cases identified throughout Brazil. Of this total, only in the state of São Paulo has it been recorded, 355.4 thousandor 73.9% of dengue cases overall.
- Goyas was the state of the region Midwest With the highest record for dengue
state registered 214.7 thousand cases Of dengue, the number of diagnoses is the highest in the region, recording 348,600 cases last year, with an incidence of 2,086 cases per 100,000 inhabitants.
- Bahia It was a state Northeastern region With the highest record for dengue
In 2022, Bahia has registered 36.2 thousand cases Likely dengue. Compared to 2021, dengue recorded a growth of 162.5% in records.
- Parana It was a state Southern area With the highest record for dengue
The municipality of Joinville was among the Brazilian cities with the highest rates of dengue fever in the country. Only there is determined 21.3 thousand casesAccording to the Health and Environment Monitoring Secretariat of the Ministry of Health.
- tocantins It was a country The northern area With the highest record for dengue
over registered 21 thousand cases In the state, which is equivalent to an indicator of 1300 per 100,000 inhabitants. This is twice the country average of 631.3 per 100,000 people, and three times the northern average of 405.1.
Dengue: See symptoms, care, treatment, and how to avoid the disease
“Entrepreneur. Music enthusiast. Lifelong communicator. General coffee aficionado. Internet scholar.”
SE reopens enrollment in the selection process with 3,242 job vacancies
NASA Spotlight: Bright Planetary Nebula is an astronomical picture of the day
Justice maintains the SUS service of the Hospital das Clínicas