The average price of a liter of diesel at gas stations in the country fell for the 14th consecutive week, according to data from the National Agency for Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP) released on Friday (12). The poll is for the week of May 7-13.
▶️ diesel: Fuel was sold at an average price 5.52 BRL a liter.
- The value represents a decrease of 2.30% compared to 5.65 Brazilian reals last week, according to data from the National Ports Agency.
- The maximum price of fuel found at gas stations was R$7.69.
▶️ gasoline: The average price of gasoline, in turn, fell to 5.49 Brazilian reals last week.
- The decline was 0.54% with respect to 5.52 Brazilian reals last week.
- The highest price set by the National Ports Agency was R$7.30.
▶️ ethanol: It was: Liters of ethanol decreased after 4 weeks of increase 4.15 Brazilian Real to 4.09 Brazilian Real.
- The decrease in fuel price was 1.44%.
- The most expensive value the agency discovered for the week was R$6.50.
The company said in a note that “lowering Petrobras prices has its main objectives in maintaining the company’s price competitiveness with regard to the main supply alternatives for its customers and the market share needed to improve refining assets.”
Even amid doubts about a possible change in the pricing policy of the state-owned company, Petrobras still sets values based on the exchange rate and fluctuations in the price of a barrel of oil in the international market.
In addition to taxes, the price of fuel is determined by the profits of distributors and sellers, as well as the amount Petrobras charges at refineries. In recent months, this equation has lowered the price of diesel.
Video clips: the latest economic news
“Entrepreneur. Music enthusiast. Lifelong communicator. General coffee aficionado. Internet scholar.”
Informed or not in the CPF in the note: Surprising benefits for Brazilians
The STF validates the agreement, and the federation must transfer R$27 billion to the states to compensate for the losses of ICMS| Policy
Learn about the most self-sufficient signs of the zodiac