September 28, 2022
Briton convicted of murdering two women, assaulting 102 bodies

Briton convicted of murdering two women, assaulting 102 bodies

A British electrician was convicted on Wednesday (15) of the murders of two women and the sexual assault of the corpses of dozens of women in hospital morgues over decades. You will know the sentence in the coming days.

David Fuller, 67, an electrician at several hospitals, was arrested in late 2020 after DNA testing for a new species. He admitted at his trial in November that he murdered two women, aged 20 and 25, in 1987 in Kent, southeast England.

Prior to trial, he had already pleaded guilty to 51 other crimes, including 44 related to necrophilia. But the researchers found that there were at least 102 cases, 82 of which had been identified, ranging from girls’ bodies to older adults.

Judge Bobby Chima Grupa said: “The corruption of what you did reveals that your conscience is dead and devastated. The sentence that I will determine means that you will spend every day of the rest of your life in prison.”

Video recordings

The UK’s attorney general’s office said in a statement that searches at his home revealed hard drives “with evidence of prolific sexual crimes of a kind not seen in any British court before”.

“Between 2008 and 2020, Fuller filmed himself sexually abusing the corpses of dozens of women and girls in two morgues at Tunbridge Wells Hospital in Kent, which he gained access through his work as a maintenance supervisor,” the statement read.

Libby Clark of the Civil Police Service said the charges against him were “unprecedented in British legal history” and believed the man would have continued to act had he not been arrested.

Health Minister Sajid Javid was “extremely shocked by the unspeakable nature” of what happened and called for a review of access to funeral homes and post-mortem activities, as well as current legislation.