Chris Harrison will be replaced as host of The Bachelorette next season

close

Chris Harrison told ABC’s “Good Morning America” ​​of plans to return as host for “The Bachelor,” a job he has held since 2002.

USA Today

Chris Harrison will be seated outside the next season of The Bachelorette.

Harrison – who has hosted the “Bachelor” franchise for nearly two decades since it began in 2002 – announced in February that it would be “Stand aside for a while.” After controversial defense of the behavior of current “Bachelor” contestant Rachel Kirkconnell, a past insensitive to racism.

Although Harrison assured viewers last week that he would not be stepping down permanently, it was unclear how long Harrison would be sidelined from the hosting duties. Until now.

Warner Horizon and ABC Entertainment confirmed to USA TODAY Friday that Harrison’s hosting hiatus will be extended through the upcoming 17th season of “The Bachelorette”. He will be replaced by former “Bachelorette” stars Taishia Adams (Season 16) and Caitlin Bristow (Season 11), who “will support the new bachelorette during next season.”

“Chris Harrison will not be hosting the next season of The Bachelorette,” said a joint statement filed on USA TODAY. “We support Chris in the work he is committed to.”

Chris Harrison will not quitFrom hosting “The Bachelor”. Rachel Lindsay responds to the apology

Harrison faced widespread backlash for defending Kirkconnell from “Awake Police” during a February 9th interview with young Rachel Lindsay. Kirkconnell, one of the finalists for the current Matt James season of “The Bachelor,” has been criticized for her admiration of Confederate science-related TikToks, and more recently, for a resurrected photo showing she is attending an official fraternity party. In 2018.

READ  SNL's Joe Biden gets a new face after Jim Carrey's exit

The TV personality apologized on her Instagram account on February 10 for “wrongly speaking in a way that perpetuates racism.” Harrison again apologized on February 13 for “justifying historical racism” and announced that it would take some time away from the privilege.

Harrison: “The historical season for BA should not be tarnished by my mistakes or obscured by my actions.” Wrote. “To that end, I have consulted with Warner Bros. and ABC and I will step down for a while and will not be participating in the After Final Rose special.”

Author and TV host Emmanuel Acho is set to replace Harrison in the one-hour special scheduled to air March 15, right after the season ends.

Harrison’s future involvement in the franchise isn’t apparent after the upcoming season of “The Bachelorette,” but he’s confident he’s back. Last week, Harrison told “Good Morning America” ​​presenter Michael Strahan, “I’m planning to come back and want to come back.”

“This interview is not the finish line,” he said. “There is a lot of work to be done and I am excited to be part of this change.”

I think EmmanuelTo replace “The Bachelor” host Chris Harrison on the special “After the Final Rose”

auto start

Show thumbnails

Show explanations

Read or share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/03/12/chris-harrison-replaced-the-bachelorette-host-next-season/4677384001/

Written By
More from Wesley Mack

A Harvard professor believes that the strange asteroid from 2017 was strange technology

A Harvard professor named Avi Loeb, head of the astronomy department at...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *