WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging and voice calling application for smartphones. Thus, the platform also allows users to upload photos, videos, and files. In addition to the ability to make free calls when connected to the Internet. Hence, the app is available for most of the mobile phones these days. However, another function present in the platform is to share the location with third parties. However, many people still do not know how to use the function.
So, check below how to track someone’s location through the app.
Learn how to track your WhatsApp contacts
Many people still don’t know, but it is possible to track people via WhatsApp, both through Android and iOS phones. Tracking someone can be very simple and above all, the other person needs to be online. Also, the cell phone that is sharing the location must also allow the app to access the GPS. Thus, each WhatsApp user can choose to share their location with another contact, and it is possible to choose three times when tracking is available, which can be for eight hours, one hour or fifteen minutes. This way, anyone who receives the tracking message can access the other person’s location in real time.
To perform the process and allow someone else to track your location, simply follow the steps below.
- First, you have to open a WhatsApp chat with the person you want to share your location with;
- Then tap on the icon represented by a paperclip and then on the site;
- Now you should choose the option “Real-time location” and then “Continue”;
- Finally, your location will be available in the chat chat using the map panel. With this, the sender simply clicks on the image to access its location.
- On the iPhone, you will need to open the conversation and click on the “+” icon;
- So, you need to click on the site;
- Thus, you can decide when you want to share the information;
- Finally, simply submit your location through the icon represented by an arrow and the other person will be able to track your location.
Learn more about WhatsApp!
WhatsApp was created in 2009 by Yahoo veterans Brian Acton and Jan Koum. Thus, the headquarters is located in Santa Clara, California. Thus, in 2012 alone, the app grew from two billion messages per day in April to ten billion messages per day in August of the same year.
In addition, the app is currently part of the Meta group, which also operates Facebook and Instagram. In doing so, the company has added many new functions to the application in recent years, through its team of experts, who have worked to improve the functionality of the platform.
“Musicaholic. Thinker. Extreme travel trailblazer. Communicator. Total creator. Twitter enthusiast.”