The city was conquered in May and it is Part of the newly annexed Ukrainian region to Russia, but the area is retaken in the Kyiv counterattack which causes the Russians to flee (Understand in the summary below).
Russian forces abandoned Lyman, which the Russians consider strategic for being a logistical center for the areas occupied by Moscow. This Tuesday (4) Associated Press teams saw 18 bodies of soldiers on the ground.
The Ukrainian army collected the found bodies of Ukrainian fighters, but left the bodies of the Russians on the ground.
- The video below shows the withdrawal of Russian forces amid the rapid Ukrainian military advance into the areas annexed by Russia:
Ukrainian forces are close to regaining control of the strategic city of Kherson
Powerful Pictures – Photo: Clone
Ukrainian soldiers pass by the corpse of a Russian, October 4, 2022 – Photo: Evgeniy Maloletka / AP
Ukrainian soldiers ride a motorcycle near the corpses of Russians on October 4, 2022 – Photo: Evgeniy Maloletka / AP
- The war in Ukraine has escalated in recent weeks, with Ukrainians retaking areas occupied by the Russians.
- Western countries provided military and strategic aid to Kyiv.
- In response, on September 21, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced 300,000 reservists called up to fight in the war.
- Days later, Moscow held a referendum that questioned Ukrainian citizens in the Russian-occupied regions — Kherson, Zaporizhia, Luhansk and Donetsk — about whether they wanted to secede from Ukraine and join Russia.
- Putin declared victory in public consultation and signed, on September 30, an agreement Annexation of the four landswhich is equivalent to 15% of the Ukrainian territory.
- The United Nations and the international community do not recognize the annexation.
- Even with the annexation announced by the Russians, the Ukrainians retake the territories and lead the Russian soldiers to flee.
Areas retaken by Ukraine
On Tuesday evening (4), Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said that dozens of sites have been recovered from the four regions occupied by the Russians. In the Kherson region, eight villages are included.
The progress of the Ukrainian counterattack was recognized by Russian forces. The deputy leader of the Russian occupation in Kherson, Kirill Strimosov, said that Ukrainian forces had made “some progress” in the northern region and were attacking the other flanks. But he said the Ukrainians had been arrested and had suffered heavy losses.
Russian missile destroys five houses in Kramatorsk, Ukraine
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said on Tuesday that more than 200,000 people have been called up for military service since Russia announced a “partial mobilization” two weeks ago.
Shoigu said Russia intends to enlist another 300,000 soldiers as part of the initiative, as announced by Putin.
- See below how the war in Ukraine began:
Watch the most watched videos in g1
“Devoted food specialist. General alcohol fanatic. Amateur explorer. Infuriatingly humble social media scholar. Analyst.”