July 22, 2024

Teenager taken to hospital emergency after ‘allergic reaction’ to Facebook’s virtual reality glasses

1 min read
Lewis is using the Oculus app from Facebook
Lewis is using the Oculus app from Facebook

Long live a teenager Nightmare with a Christmas gift, Oculus Quest 2 (Virtual Reality Glasses from Facebook Technologies) given by grandparents.

Lewis Gray, aged 13, was eventually taken to the emergency room of a hospital in Surrey (England) Allergic reaction to equipment Which he played on the 25th. It was the face of the young man distorted.

The next day, his mother, 33-year-old Kirsty Reed, began noticing her son’s skin turning red around his eyes and forehead, according to a report in The Sun.

Then Louis’ eyes began to close, prompting his father Christopher to quickly take him to the hospital.

Lewis is using the Oculus app from Facebook
Lewis uses an Oculus photo from Facebook: a clone

“He was playing with his glasses on Christmas Day for a few hours”Kirsty Rilatto. “When he woke up on Boxing Day morning (26), there was irritation in his cheekbones and forehead. It looked like he was wearing blush., he added.

The young man was treated and released.

Oculus Quest 2 – also known as Meta Quest 2 – is a virtual reality device that can also be used to play video games.

Facebook started receiving reports of skin irritation in December 2020 and started a file Investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *