The coach of the Brazilian men’s team, Tite, participated on Friday morning in “Redação sportv”, with Marcelo Barreto, Tim Vickery and Charles Gavin. In the World Cup year, between November and December in Qatar, the coach gave the first face-to-face interview since the beginning of the pandemic and highlighted, first of all, the incentive to dribble in the direction of his players.
– There is a pass, a trick that you look to the side and despise the opponent. We know that. So the guiding principle is: Do it, yes! He said but go to the target.
The coach revealed his departure from the Brazilian national team after the World Cup in Qatar.
– I’m going to the end of the World Cup. He said I have no reason to lie here.
Between Marcelo Barreto and Tim Vickery, coach Tite in the newsroom at Sportiv on Friday – Photo: Rafael Zarco
The multi-championship coach in clubs and trophies with the Brazilian national team in his bags, said what he’s missing on the cup shelf: winning the World Cup.
– I don’t want to win anyway. I’ve won everything in my career, I just need the World Cup – he said.
The coach again expressed his regret over the absence of confrontation with European opponents. There was an expectation of a confrontation with England, but Tite said he did not believe in fencing.
– We would like, but there is no possibility – said Tite, who also expressed his opposition to two matches against Argentina – the first to be suspended from the qualifiers and the friendly match stipulated in the commercial contract.
– It’s counterproductive. Nothing will help us.
“Evil analyst. Explorer. Problem solver. Hardcore zombieaholic. Coffee fan. Writer. Bacon aficionado. Friendly reader.”