After his exit from the World Cup, Karim Benzema returned to the field today (30) and was decisive in the victory of the league. real madrid Against Valladolid 2-0, at Jose Zorrilla Stadium, in the 15th round of the Spanish Championship. The French striker scored both goals in the match that honored Pele.
- Benzema missed a great goal in the first halfwithout a goalkeeper.
- the second time, The French redeemed himself with two goals At the end of the match, securing Real Madrid’s victory.
- Before scoring goals, Courtois was the highlight of Real Madrid. The Belgian goalkeeper made three important saves when the match was 0-0.
- result leaves Real Madrid is in first place, with 38 points. Barcelona – with 37 – could regain the lead if they beat Espanyol on the round.
- Valladolid, with 17 points, ranks 13th.
Pele was honored before the start of the match. The players of both teams embraced the center of the circle and observed a minute of silence in honor of the King of Football.
Benzema returned to play after 57 days. The Real Madrid striker, who was named the best player in the world last season, did not play in the World Cup in France.
Where is the Mujahid? The Brazilian defender has even been announced among the starters on Real Madrid’s social networks. However, it was the fault of the club officials, as the defender did not even go to the field. Alaba was selected by Ancelotti to start the match.
It was the first time Valladolid faced Real Madrid since Ronaldo Fenomeno took over as president of the Violet club. The former striker had a good period with the Spanish capital team.
How was Benzema?
In the first half, Benzema didn’t do well. In a more drawn match, the striker had a great chance to score and lost incredibly. After the rebound of Viene Jr.’s kick, the Frenchman had the opportunity to complete it without a goalkeeper, but he sent it over the goal.
In the second half, the Frenchman was fatal. In the final stage of the match, he converted a penalty kick and took advantage of a beautiful pass from Camavinga to score the second goal, securing Real Madrid’s victory.
- Benzema misses the best opportunity in the first half without a goalkeeperin 18 minutes.
- Courtois saves Real Madridin the 37th minute of the match, with a beautiful save from Ivan Sanchez’s shot.
- Valladolid starts the second half better, but stops at Courtoiswho makes a series of saves in the 21st and 22nd minute.
- 0x1Javi Sanchez touches the ball with his arm inside the area. After reviewing the VAR, the referee awarded a penalty kick to Real Madrid. He beat Benzema with a class and opened the scoring.
- 0x2Camavinga saved Modric, started from the left wing, invaded the area and played for Benzema. In the middle of the area, the attacker hit hard and blew the net.
Valladolid 0 x 2 Real Madrid
Date: 12/30/2022 (Friday)
Place: Jose Zorrilla Stadium in Valladolid (Spain)
to rule: Jose Luis Monoeira Montero (Spain)
Yellow cards: Joaquin Fernandez and Javi Sanchez (VAL)
red card: Sergio Leone (VAL)
Objectives: Benzema at 36′ and 44′ from the second half
Valladolid: Masip. Fresinda, Fernandez, Javi Sanchez and Escudero (Luis Perez); Monchu (Weissman), Roque Mesa (Kike Pérez), and Aguado; Ivan Sanchez (Plata), Plano (Kennedy), Leon. Technical: Jose Bacheta.
real madrid: Courtois. Carvajal (Lucas Vazquez), Rudiger, Alaba and Mendy; Valverde (Chwamini), Dani Ceballos (Camavinga), Kroos; Asensio (Rodrygo), Vinicius Junior (Modric) and Benzema. Technical: Carlo Ancelotti.
“Evil analyst. Explorer. Problem solver. Hardcore zombieaholic. Coffee fan. Writer. Bacon aficionado. Friendly reader.”