- Although it has landed safely, videos from the ground and sky show the Flight 328 engine in flames.
- One of the passengers on board recorded a video of the engine burning and rattling in the air.
- The authorities said that no one was injured on board or on the ground in the accident.
- Visit Insider’s business section for more stories.
Several videos posted on social media on Saturday showed United Airlines Flight 328 flying in the sky with one engine on fire before the plane landed safely at Denver Airport.
The plane is a Boeing 777-200 Falling debris In many Colorado neighborhoods, including a jumbo plot that has mistaken someone’s home.
Authorities said that none of the 231 passengers and 10 crew on the flight was injured, and no one was injured on the ground beneath it.
One of the videos showed the motor shaking ominously and catching fire.
Another video from the dashboard camera showed the driver the moment the engine exploded in the sky, leaving behind a plume of black smoke.
Ryan Greene (@ RyanCBS4) February 20, 2021
Pictures after landing showed the charred remains of the engine.
—Marc Sallinger (MarcSallinger) February 20, 2021
The plane took off from Denver International Airport in Colorado on its way to Honolulu, Hawaii. It returned safely to the airport shortly after takeoff.
In another video, passengers were heard cheering and applauding after the plane landed.
– Chris Vanderveen (@chrisvanderveen) February 20, 2021
The Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement that the flight experienced a correct engine failure after takeoff. Both the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the accident.
Get the latest Boeing stock quotes Here.