Sometimes what we want most is browsing social networks without them being able to determine that we are online. In WhatsApp, for example, the status is visible to the user’s contacts.
Sometimes what we want most is browsing social networks without them being able to determine that we are online. In the The WhatsAppFor example, the status is visible to the user’s contacts.
Thinking about users’ privacy, the messenger has started testing a feature that allows you to hide the “online” notification, so someone won’t bother you when you realize you’re active on the messaging platform.
How should the new feature work
According to a disclosure by WABetaInfo, the new setting will allow the user to change their “Online” status, just like the “Last Seen” feature that is currently working.
In “Last Seen” you can choose:
- “Everyone”: so that everyone knows this information;
- “My Contacts”: so that only your contacts are known;
- “My contacts except”: so that specific people can access;
- “Nobody”: So that nobody knows about your last point of view.
In the Online state, in short, the user will have the same options as in the Last Seen configuration. The site also notes that when the new possibility is enabled, the reverse option will also be applied.
However, the option is not yet available to the general public, as it is in the testing phase. However, it is expected that it will soon be implemented in the Android and iOS versions of the messenger.
Check out 7 tricks to be invisible on WhatsApp
While the functionality has not been released, users can turn to the following services:
- Via the notification bar: Through the notification bar, messages can be read and answered in a few words without entering the platform;
- Activate Airplane Mode: Accessing WhatsApp using a cell phone in Airplane mode allows the user to be offline, due to a disconnection from the Internet;
- By Unseen App: The tool makes it possible for the user to be invisible in a file The WhatsAppeven with the messenger open on the cell phone screen;
- Disconnect from the Internet: By disabling the mobile internet, WhatsApp can be accessed even offline. In this way, messages answered in this period will be forwarded when the Internet is re-established;
- Through the Flychat app: This platform connects to the messaging app allowing notifications to appear in balloons that can be read and responded to without reaching WhatsApp on the screen.
- By WA Web Plus For WhatsApp: Used exclusively by those who use the web version of the messenger. The program allows you to “hide the Internet” from active users through the browser.
- By WA Bubble For Chat: Finally, through this program it is possible to send messages without opening a file The WhatsApp. Just access the platform through it on your cell phone.
“Musicaholic. Thinker. Extreme travel trailblazer. Communicator. Total creator. Twitter enthusiast.”