With 18 confirmed cases of monkeypox (monkeypox) patients in Rio Grande do Norte, the state’s Department of Public Health (Cesap) on Thursday (25) launched an emergency plan to prevent and control the spread of the disease.
According to the government, the document is intended to guide state health services on preparedness and response measures.
Three health units have been cited as reference for suspected and confirmed cases: Giselda Treguero Hospital, in Natal, Rafael Fernandez Hospital, in Mossoró, and Maria Alice Fernandez Hospital, also in Natal, but targeting children (children). general.
According to Sesap, Rio Grande do Norte has been monitoring the disease since the National Center for Strategic Information on Health Surveillance (CIEVS) risk declaration on May 19, 2022.
Also according to the ministry, the state’s contingency plan has been prepared from “available evidence” until August 22, 2022.
“Sesap has been constantly working with the municipalities, since before the first case was confirmed. This document complements and organizes the work and should be evaluated and revised as new scientific evidence becomes available,” said Cyprus’ Minister of State for Public Health. Maya.
The latest epidemiological bulletin indicates that in addition to the 18 confirmed cases in the municipalities of Natal, Parnamariam and Mossoro, the state has 69 suspected cases in 15 other municipalities.
“We are monitoring all cases, strengthening epidemiological surveillance, and continually training professionals to identify cases, and procedures for treatment and care,” CISABB Health Surveillance Coordinator Kelly Lima completed.
The plan details the response levels for cases, the identification necessary to identify the disease, and goes through epidemiological and contact tracing procedures, precautionary measures, and response measures, such as guidelines for home isolation, treatment and access to health services.
“So far, no case has required hospitalization here at the RN. In any case, we are ready for any eventuality, providing the necessary support to the injured,” said Andre Prudente, director of Giselda Treguero Hospital.
Cisab stated that it is still waiting for the Ministry of Health to send inputs (kits) to conduct tests to detect the disease faster.
Among other measures, the document instructs, for example, that health professionals use protective equipment to avoid contamination, in the care of patients suspected of having an illness.
“Priority should be given to an individual seeking care due to severe skin lesions and fever. At the time of reception, whether in outpatient, primary care or hospital care, it is suggested that the patient receive a surgical mask, with instructions on the correct form of its use, and be taken to Separate area from other users If diagnosed as suspected monkeypox patient should be kept isolated (contact and droplet precautions Skin lesions in exposed areas should be protected by long-sleeved sheet, clothing or apron Notification should be epidemiological surveillance Immediately”, instructs the document.
While introducing the plan, Sesap representatives informed that residents should maintain daily care, with more effective cleaning of clothing, as well as bed and bath linens.
They also explained that the affected group in RN consists mainly of men between the ages of 18 and 45 and that there is a different behavior between children and adults. More malnourished children tend to develop greater disease, which is not yet the case in Brazil, according to doctor Andre Prudente.
Also according to Sesap, the disease has two strains: one from East Africa and one from West Africa. The western incident is less serious and is the most accident in the world.
Watch the most watched videos on g1 RN
“Entrepreneur. Music enthusiast. Lifelong communicator. General coffee aficionado. Internet scholar.”