On Thursday (5), the endemic agents from the Ministry of Health of São Bento do Sul identified the first mosquito outbreak of the year. Aedes aegyptithe transmitter of dengue, zika, chikungunya, and yellow fever viruses. The mosquito breeding site was found on Rue Erard Pfeiffer, in the Schrams district.
During the year 2022, 76 insect outbreaks were recorded. “From the moment we identify a point of concentration, we do a survey, we carry out inspections of houses and other vacant lands within a radius of 300 metres. It is also important for everyone to be careful so that the mosquito does not breed,” explains Clyde endemic worker Adriana Dias.
Doubts or complaints can be resolved through Aedes aegypti control and monitoring software by calling 2228-3635.
Guidelines to prevent the spread of Aedes aegypti:
• Avoid using dishes in potted plants. If using, sand to brim;
• Store bottles with the neck facing down.
• Keep litter boxes covered.
• Always leave the water tanks closed, without any openings, especially the water tanks;
• Plants such as bromeliads should be avoided, as they collect water;
• Treat the pool water with chlorine and clean it once a week.
• Keep drains closed and unclogged.
• Wash animal food and water bowls with a brush at least once a week;
• Removing accumulated water from the panels.
• flush at least once a week in toilets that are rarely used;
• Keep the toilet lid closed.
• avoid the accumulation of debris, as it can become a concentration area for dengue mosquitoes;
• Inform the municipal health department of a possible Aedes aegypti outbreak.
• Persons who, within the past 14 days, have been in a city with Aedes aegypti or have dengue transmission and their symptoms should report to a health unit for evaluation.
- Youtube: Participation To view Gazeta’s articles.
Check out more news in the print newspaper. Subscribe to the Gazeta now on WhatsApp (47) 99727-0414. It costs less than a cup of coffee a day! ☕
All rights reserved A Gazeta. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited.
Help us maintain serious and credible journalism. The texts and images are protected by Brazilian copyright legislation. If you want to share the news, share the link.
“Entrepreneur. Music enthusiast. Lifelong communicator. General coffee aficionado. Internet scholar.”