February 28, 2024

Rizk says he understands Luis Castro’s decision to leave Botafogo, but warns: ‘Anyone who wants to go there, there will be a poster boy for a bloodthirsty regime’

Presenter of “Seleção SportTV”, Andre Rizk He gave a strong speech about the coach’s decision Luis Castro to leave Botafogo and accept the proposal Victoryfrom KSA. The journalist said he understood the choice of the Portuguese, but warned about the geopolitical situation in that country.

– I understand Luis Castro, I would do the same in his place. Now, let’s not be fooled: whoever agrees to go there will become financially independent, but he will also be a poster boy for a bloodthirsty regime, accused of murdering journalists, that suppresses basic human rights all over the world – said Rizk, and continued:

– Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship, many Arab countries are dictatorial, and they invest in sports so that their images are not associated with the atrocities they commit.

According to Rizk, the offer of victory amounts to 36 million Brazilian riyals annually, tax-exempt, in addition to a palace worth 2.5 million Brazilian riyals. The contract offered by the Saudis is for two seasons – until June 2025.

– What he will earn now is not even compared to what he earns today. He loved living in Brazil, he loved running Botafogo, but it’s a truck full of money. It’s even financially irresponsible for someone to refuse even with all the questions I said – Akmal Rizk.

The presenter said Luis Castro had already accepted the proposal since last week, but Botafogo was still trying to block it.

– The proposal has already been accepted since last week. What Botafogo was trying was somehow something that could dissuade them from the idea, but they didn’t succeed and today is farewell. He had this obligation to stay until the match against Magallanes. Let’s see how the fans at Nilton Santos will treat him – concluded Rizk.

*Updated at 1:41 p.m