Corinth was again prosecuted in court. The interested party is Regis Marques Chedid Esportivo – EPP, which belongs to Regis Marques, one of the agents responsible for the arrival of Ángel Romero in mid-2014.
the gate My Timon He had access to the ongoing process at Civil Court No. 42 in São Paulo. The value of the case attributed by the entrepreneur’s lawyer is R$1,067,166.84. Already cited by the court, Corinthians made their first defense and appealed the amount containing interest, fines and corrections – Details below.
Debt remains in the aftermath of the acquisition of Paraguay seven years ago. See the process schedule below:
- Jun 10 2014 – Corinthians undertake to pay Regis Marques, through intermediary (sub-license for the use of personal rights), the sum of R$2,490,200.00 in four installments of R$622,550.00;
- July 12, 2017 – After Corinthians had not paid part of the amount agreed three years earlier, the club and the contractor entered into a new agreement, under which the club agrees to pay R$1,950,000.00 in 30 equal and consecutive monthly installments of R$65.000.00;
- February 12, 2019 to October 12, 2019 – Corinth does not honor the last installments of the agreement (a total of nine months of default);
- October 20, 2020 – Regis Marques’ attorneys send extrajudicial notice to Corinthians and give ten days to repay the debt;
- June 14, 2021 – Without receiving the money, the law firm of Regis Marques Chedid Esportivo – EPP goes to court and charges R$10,67166.84.
Last August 2, Corinthians made their first defense in action. The club asks the judge of Civil Court No. 42 in São Paulo He dismisses the lawsuit, states that there has been an increase in the amount claimed by the plaintiff and also requests a hearing to attempt conciliation and/or mediation between the parties.
In the same petition, Corinthians recalculates and attaches a spreadsheet for the debt amount of R$821,235.74 (as of July 2021).
See more on: Ex-Corinthians players, Romero, Corinthians Processes Board of Directors and Corinthians.
“Evil analyst. Explorer. Problem solver. Hardcore zombieaholic. Coffee fan. Writer. Bacon aficionado. Friendly reader.”