The quartet between Deiveson Figueiredo and Brandon Moreno ended with the Mexican winning the belt at UFC 283. However, the audience in Rio de Janeiro did not accept the decision very well. With shouts of “shame” and insults to the judge, the Brazilians supported the fighter home.
- The Flamengo players who are in the VIP area of the event also protested to the fight judge.
- The crowd sang “Hey judge go ***** **”, accompanied by the athletes Joao Gomez, Mariño and Everton Cipolineha who shouted with laughter. Gabigol was also present, but not alongside his teammates.
- Deiveson protested with a jab to the eye, but it ended up being ignored. At the end of the round, the judge declared the Brazilian defeated.
- Fans protested since the decision not to stop the fight, eventually chanting “Shame on you”.
- Fans even threw things at Moreno when he left the Octagon.
- Even with the defeat, the Brazilians sang “He’s a Champion” to Davison, who lost his belt. The fighter clapped and moved.
- “It was his night. I can’t say it was a finger in my eye, he just closed my eyes. I hope it wasn’t a serious injury. May God help me not to lose sight of me. I fought today to represent the youth of Brazil, don’t give up on your dream” Davison Figueiredo.
- “I love you. Sadly, it’s time to leave this class. I did my best, I represented it. Congratulations to Brandon. I’m moving on. Wait for me, guys.” Devson.
“Evil analyst. Explorer. Problem solver. Hardcore zombieaholic. Coffee fan. Writer. Bacon aficionado. Friendly reader.”